Be the Church Weekend
Join us the last weekend in October, as we join other Kansas City area Presbyterian Churches for a focus on serving our neighborhood. This year, we’re teaming up with three mission partners (Amethyst Place, Community Assistance Council, and Cherith Brook), and hosting a community TRUNK or TREAT.
Saturday, October 26: Work day at Amethyst Place. Car pools leave The Kirk at 8:30am. Activities include general outside cleanup, landscape maintenance, repairs to wooden playground equipment, and paint wooden playground equipment. Sign up online here.
Sunday, October 27: After an all-invited church chili/soup lunch, we’ll collect and sort items we’re gathering for Amethyst Place families, weave together portable, water-resistant sleeping mats for the Cherith Brook community, and write thank-you cards on behalf of the Community Assistance Council. Then we’ll celebrate a neighborhood TRUNK OR TREAT for all families from 12:30-2pm.
Sign up to help bring some food here, or just come by and join us.
The Kirk offers Sunday morning programming for all ages as well as weekday Bible studies and seasonal studies throughout the year. Contact Mich for more information.
- 11 AM - Sunday School for Children (pre-K thru 5th grade) and Youth (6th - 12th grade) meet after church to learn more about God.
- 4 - 5:30 PM - Middle School Youth Group
- 5 - 6:30 PM - High School Youth Group
- Youth meet at The Kirk for fun games, activities and bible lessons.
Special Events - There are periodically special events (service projects, activities off The Kirk grounds, etc.) Check the Events page for updated listings!
- Sundays @ 9 AM - Adult Study
- Weekly adult study sessions covering a wide variety of topics. Leaders are often visiting pastors, professors, and speakers of all types
- Wednesdays @ Noon - Sack Lunch Bunch
- Bring your lunch for a shared meal and participate in a Bible study led by the pastor
- Fridays @ 9:30 AM - Adult Bible Study
- Coffee and a Bible study led by the pastor
- First Thursday of each Month @ 1 PM - Presbyterian Women's Circle
- Fellowship and lesson led by one of the members. Participating in this group is a wonderful way to learn and grow with other women who are diverse in many ways yet have a mutual belief based on their membership within the Presbyterian Church. The Presbyterian Women support the congregation by sending care packages to Kirk college students, coordinating receptions following memorial services, and assisting with other service projects throughout the year.