Global

There are some connections that tie our congregation to the work of many other people even beyond the Kansas City area. One important connection we have is to the Presbyterian Church (USA), which is our denominational home. We support a local group of Presbyterian Churches called Heartland Presbytery, and through them, many important activities in the region. We join with Presbyterians throughout the country to do important work through the Presbyterian Mission Agency, including anti-hunger programs, justice initiatives, and more.

In addition, these organizations below help us make an impact beyond our particular neighborhood, serving people throughout the world, in the name of Jesus Christ. Some of them are part of our denomination home, and others work independently.

The Mission of the Covenant Network of Presbyterians is to strengthen the church of Jesus Christ, with the help of God’s grace. We are called to achieve this goal by working for the unity of the church, furthering the inclusion of LGBTQ persons, seeking understanding and reconciliation, and joining with others seeking a still more just and inclusive church.
Living Waters for the World is the global mission resource of the Synod of Living Waters (Presbyterian Church, USA). It is a Christian ministry that trains and equips mission teams to share the gift of sustainable clean water fostering long-term, mutually beneficial, relationships between volunteers and communities in need.
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance is the emergency and refugee program of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). It enables congregations and mission partners of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) to witness to the healing love of Christ through caring for communities adversely affected by crises and catastrophic events around the world.
The Kirk participates in the collection of four church-wide Special Offerings of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) each year as a collective witness to Jesus Christ’s love for the whole church. These offerings play an important role in defining what it means to be a connectional church. These offerings are collected at various times throughout the year.
Enables the church to share God’s love with our neighbors-in-need around the world by providing relief to those affected by natural disasters, provide food to the hungry, and helping to empower the poor and oppressed.
Helps the church encourage, develop, and support its young people, and also address the needs of at-risk children. 40% of the Pentecost offering is retained by individual congregations to make an impact in the lives of young people within their own community. The remaining 60% is used to support ministries of the Presbyterian Mission Agency.
Enables the church to promote the Peace of Christ by addressing systems of injustice, advancing peacemaking initiatives, and sharing God’s love around the world.
Helps provide emergency financial assistance to current and former church workers in the Presbyterian Church and their families. It also funds programs to develop leaders at Presbyterian-related racial ethnic colleges and schools.